Aloha and welcome aboard Royal Star Hawaii’s® fleet of motorcoaches with the highest standards for safety. Our Star Care® Program ensures the safety and wellness of our guests and team members.
- HVAC System: Our combination of antimicrobial filters and UV lights eliminate 99.99% of airborne bacteria, viruses and mold (compared to HEPA 99.97%), surpassing government requirements.
- Face Covering: Masks are required for all guests ages 2 years and older. Guests with medical conditions are exempt. Royal Star Hawaii® team members also wear masks. Drivers wear masks and gloves when handling baggage, and during mint and hand towelette service.
- Spacing/Seating: Our capacity will be reduced for social distancing following government guidelines. The first row of seats will be unoccupied to provide safe distancing for your driver. Family and companions are seated side by side.
- Hand Sanitizer: will be available for all guests upon entering and exit.
- Entering & Exit: Guests will board from the rear seats to the front, and exit from the front seats to the rear.
- En Route: High-touch areas are disinfected by your driver.
- Service: Our service may be modified to ensure the highest safety standards are met following government guidelines. Our drivers wear gloves for mint and hand towelette service (Deluxe Gold) and single use handouts are provided per guest/family (Deluxe Bus Tours).
- Overall Safety: Safety has been our #1 priority since our establishment in 1996. To ensure the highest standard in the industry, click here to learn more about our commitment to safety.
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Health Check & Training: Our Royal Star Hawaii® team passes a wellness certification and temperature check prior to their shift, and have also passed enhanced hygiene training.
- Stay Home: Team members displaying symptoms of illness, i.e. temperature of 100.4 or greater, are advised to stay at home. This applies to guests as well.
- Nightly Deep Cleaning: Disinfection of the entire vehicle is completed daily by our wash crew.
- Frequent Filter Change: Our antimicrobial filters in our HVAC system are inspected monthly and replaced quarterly, exceeding industry standards of 6 months.